While shopping for a new desk chair I came across a great article about choosing a chair from OSHA. Here are a few tips I collected:
- The backrest should conform to the natural curvature of your spine, and provide adequate lumbar support.
- The seat should be comfortable and allow your feet to rest flat on the floor or footrest.
- Armrests, if provided, should be soft, allow your shoulders to relax and your elbows to stay close to your body.
- The chair should have a five-leg base with casters that allow easy movement along the floor.
- Visit OSHA.GOV for some more great ideas.