If you suffer from any of these conditions, it’s worth looking into a simple device that can be custom made by your dentist.
The FDA-approved NTI Device (a tension suppression system) is a night guard that fits over your two front teeth only (upper or lower), so It’s a lot more comfortable and effective than a full mouth guard. It's designed to limit grinding and clenching by preventing the molar and canine teeth from touching, therefore relaxing tense muscles in your jaw and face.
Most migraines and severe tension headaches are accompanied by “precranial tenderness” which is soreness in the muscles of the scalp, caused by severe clenching or grinding of the teeth.
People who suffer from these conditions typically contract their temporalis muscles (among the most powerful in the human body) with an average of fourteen times more intensity than other people. Fatigued muscles lead to chronic headaches and migraine attacks, not to mention TMJ syndrome (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.)
▪ Biting or chewing difficulty or discomfort
▪ Clicking, popping, or grating sound when opening or closing the mouth
▪ Dull, aching pain in the face
▪ Earache (particularly in the morning)
▪ Headache (particularly in the morning)
▪ Hearing loss
▪ Migraine (particularly in the morning)
▪ Jaw pain or tenderness of the jaw
▪ Reduced ability to open or close the mouth
▪ Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
▪ And Neck and Shoulder Pain